Before I learned professional makeup application, I could come up with a myriad of reasons why my eye makeup won’t work. Each time it was something that was simply an inborn feature of mine, like partially hidden eyelids.
Now that I know better, I am going to share with you a few makeup tips for common eyelid issues; and so that you feel even more confident, I am going to show you some of the most gorgeous celebrities who, believe it or not, face similar challenges and learned to live with it. I would go even as far as to say that in some cases they learned to make it work for them. After all, can you imagine Claudia Schiffer with double eyelid? That wouldn’t be Claudia Schiffer!
Hooded Eyes or Hidden Lids
Although hooded eyes or hidden eyelids are quite common in Asians, this isn’t strictly Asian thing. It can be an inborn feature or a result of aging. Whatever it is, it certainly can work for you if you are willing to research for ideas and experiment.
To get you started here is a few general guidelines for you:
- For your upper lashes use felt-tip liners instead of pencils. Simply dot it along the lash line to make your lashes look thicker and give your eyes more definition.
- Go wild under your eyes. You can use anything you want here – pencils, eyeshadow or both. Emphasize your natural eye shape or create cat-like effect by kicking the line up.
Here is what you can do for droopy eyelid fix:
- Apply dark brown contouring cream, powder or eye shadow on your crease and, as you approach the outer part of your eye, blend it up slightly.
- For eyeliner: your line should gradually thicken as you approach the outer eye. Make sure to kick it up at the end for instant eye lift.
- Highlight your brow bone.
Now what can you do for wrinkled eyelids? The best solution would be to avoid eye shadows and concentrate on strong definition at lash base. Use pencils, liners, mascara and false lashes to draw attention to your best features and away from wrinkles. False lashes are an excellent tool for this; the longer, the better!
More tips on makeup for wrinkled skin…
If you are concerned about fine lines and crow’s feet skip concealer and use highlighter instead.
Some other celebrity wrinkled eyelid tricks you could adopt are:
- Eyelid tape to correct droop and wrinkles. Many Asian ladies use it to create double eyelid, but it’s a great tool for any aging eyes as it can hold your eyelid up nice and smooth;
- Frownies (search Amazon for it) can give a temporary smoother face. They have patches for different problem areas including eye area;
- Ponytails – yes, as embarrassing as it sounds, some celebrities use ponytails to stretch skin and lift eyes. However, this method shouldn’t be overused as it can lead to hair loss.