We all know that vitamins and minerals are essential to keep ourselves healthy, but recent studies have suggested that there could be a link between various minerals and vitamins that you have in your diet, and the amount that you are likely to weigh. It really could be as simple as what minerals you have or don’t have in your diet to make the world of difference to your weight loss this year, and the sooner you learn the right and wrong things to be putting into your body, the sooner you could get the body that you have always wanted.
Your weight gain could have been because you were lacking in some of the following minerals:
- Zinc – This is a very important mineral that is needed by the body to help fight off various cancers, forming new insulin, helps to normalize the prostate, (good for your men!) and even helps the brain to function in a much better fashion. If you are lacking enough zinc from your diet, you will likely show the following symptoms – wounds not healing as quickly as they should, diarrhea, hair loss, and loss of appetite, brittle nails, depression, irritability and poor memory. In fact, zinc could almost make you feel one hell of a load better within yourself.
- Selenium is a mineral that your body needs but very few people actually know about it. This is classed as an antioxidant that actually can help you to stay more youthful looking for longer as it helps to slow down the ageing process. Not only that, but when it comes to the “the change” or menopause, it could actually help to lessen a lot of the more prolific symptoms, including hot flashes and stress, and in the long term, can help with various organs such as the liver and the pancreas, and will also help to strengthen your immune system.
- Manganese – This is something that you probably won’t even have heard of, and that’s OK, up until recently, its importance wasn’t really understood. This one has a direct link with the thyroid gland, which could give you some indication of how it would work in a weight management setting, but alongside this it has many other positive benefits within the body that you should utilize where possible.
- Potassium is something derived from bananas and potatoes, as it helpful to help the body to stabilize the balance of water within the body, (perfect for those that carry water weight) and also can prevent a certain amount of mental and physical distress, especially for those that lead busy hectic lives and constantly find themselves surrounded by trouble.
- Iron is great if you are anemic, carrying a child, and has many nasty symptoms when there is simply not enough of this in the body to be healthy. Anemia is the first of which, but there is also depression, confusion, nails that are brittle, dizziness, constipation and more.
- Copper, although most commonly used as a hair color, is actually something that is very much needed in the body, and helps with the bloody circulation, to be more precise, the transformation of iron into hemoglobin, and it has been recorded that there is a 75% deficiency of copper is the average American.
- Magnesium – remember the metal that used to give off a bright white light in the school chemistry department? Well, not just a big shiny light, this is also something that is very much needed in order for the body to run at full capacity. To make your heart healthy, keep your teeth white and strong, and helps to fight depression and stress, you too could be in dire need of these mineral.
As you can see, most of these deficiencies have symptoms that are also related to weight loss. For example, stress and depression can either make you lose weight or gain it very quick – how many women out there turn to the massive tub of Ben & Jerry’s? If you cut out the things that are causing you to overeat, or are simply stopping you from leading a healthier life, you will be on your way to looking and feeling good on the inside and on the out!
in Weight Loss, Diet & Fitness