1. Instead of buying a dozen of different lip liners buy just one liner close to your natural lip color and use it for everything.
2. Forget what you know about lining your lips and draw two V shapes on outer corners of your lips. This will make your lips look fuller and more natural.
3. If you are craving for color, you can save money and get a much better effect by skipping lipsticks altogether and using lip liners instead. In this case you should line your lips as usual and then simply fill entire lip area with color using same lip liner. The difference is you don’t have to match lip liners and lipsticks and purchase two different products where you can get a better effect easier and for the fraction of price.
If it feels too dry use a lip balm to add a little gloss and moisture.
4. If you want to look more natural and lift your eyes at the same time add mascara only to the outer upper corners of your eyes. Here is how you can make your lashes thicker and longer.
5. Alternatively, you can cut one false lash in half and apply that half to the outer corner of your eye. You will save on eye lashes and get a natural cat-like look in one stroke.
More tips on false eye lashes here »
6. Use gray contouring cream / powder instead of brown – it will look more natural. Angelina Jolie’s look here was achieved by using almost exclusively gray contour. You can achieve similar effect with bronzing powder but bronzers will also give you a tanned look, which is not always required.
7. Highlight anything you want to emphasize or appear bigger. Depending on your natural skin color you should be using anything between white and light beige for this task.
8. Apply contouring powder or cream or bronzing powder on anything you want to minimize. For example, you can make your nose shorter by applying contouring products on the tip of your nose. You can make your face slimmer by applying these products on the sides of your face and close to the center. Applying it only on the sides will make your face appear wider though.
9. Before applying anything to your lips brush them using a soft toothbrush. This will make them more smooth and make your lip gloss or lipstick last longer. Also check this – How to Get Soft and Luxurious Lips Even If They Are Dry and Chapped Right Now »
10. Prime your eyelids with a special product (eyelid primer, light foundation or even nude eye shadow. Almost anything will do and will be better than nothing. Your eye makeup needs a base, something to stick to.
11. You can alter the appearance of your brows by simply trimming them. Use a brow brush and small scissors for this task. It is so simple you will be blown away. Plucking your brows is the last resort and can be avoided in most cases.
Here is how you do this:
We have several posts on brows – you can find them here »
12. You can get a decent whitening effect by brushing your teeth with paste made of few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice and sodium bicarbonate once a week.
13. You can completely unclog your pores by applying a mixture of one part of apple cider vinegar and one part of water on your face every day.
14. You can completely erase large pores off your face by pressing loose powder into your skin. Don’t worry about clogging, vinegar trick mentioned above will save you from that.
15. You can use eye shadows as brow powder. Other than saving you money, you get more control over color and intensity. You will also have a much more natural and softer look.
16. If you need to look good in pictures skip sunscreen. Sunscreens have these tiny particles that seem to reflect camera and distort the definition of your face. You just won’t look right and won’t know why.