Most women are both puzzled and intrigued when it comes to fancy makeup such as colored mascaras and eyeliners. Our Redbook sisters decided to correct this and wrote a fantastic article packed with useful tips on how to get colored eyeliners work for you.
Here is a summary…
1. If you want to play it safe choose colors that naturally compliment your eye color, such as olive golds for green eyes and navy for blue eyes (obviously!). If you are bold, however, you can do exactly opposite.
2. The color will not look right unless you lay foundation using classic black or brown liner. Lay foundation first, then use colored eyeliner over it. It won’t be as bright but you get definition and intensity. Also see What Makeup Experts Forgot to Tell You.
3. Know where to apply eyeliner.
4. Curl your lashes. This will really open up your eyes and give them a subtle lift.
5. Balance, balance, balance – don’t forget the rest of your face.
Here is the link to The Foolproof Guide to Colored Eyeliner