« Page 1 - Page 2
Create a plan to get pregnant
As with most things in life, everything goes much more smoothly when you have a plan. There are a large number of hints and tips that WILL help you to get pregnant and conceive naturally, as long as you put them into practice.
For example, having a healthy balance in your bloody sugar level is vital. You should avoid carbs that are refined as well as high sugar foods and go for the healthier, whole-wheat options instead. Ideally, you should aim to make these changes at least three months before you plan to try for a baby.
Sleep more! This really goes without saying and let’s is honest; we all wish we could squeeze in a few more hours of sleep every night. The thing with sleep and fertility however, is that when you don’t get enough of it, your body doesn’t work at full capacity – how on earth do you expect to get pregnant when you are not taking care of yourself properly?
A look at food to increase fertility
You’ve learned about the fertility vitamins that you should be using, (and also a few answers to the question – “do prenatal vitamins increase fertility?”) but what about foods? There are actually a few foods that you should aim to eat more of as well as those that you should avoid:
- Don’t eat cake. This is sad but true. This will play havoc with your blood sugar levels so, as mentioned above, avoid them for around three months before trying to fall pregnant. You could always make your own cakes with healthier alternatives.
- Don’t eat white bread. Again, this will mess around with your blood sugar levels. Go for healthier whole-wheat options instead.
- Avoid chocolate bars! Unless you are having (limited amounts of) dark chocolate, don’t eat chocolate. This again, will mess around with your blood sugar levels and the caffeine won’t do you any good either – sorry ladies!
Now for the foods that you are allowed to eat (Yay!):
- Sardines! Lots of healthy fatty acids, lots of vitamin D – fertility super food!
- Sesame seeds! Lots of zinc present in these tasty morsels as well as plenty of other nutrients that will give your body a much needed boost!
- Brown rice! This will help you if you have given into the candy fetish and can balance out your blood sugar levels again. This is not to say that you can use this every time you eat something you shouldn’t though ladies – play fair!
- Kale – This contains LOTS of folic acid, which as we have already discovered, can massively increase your chances of conceiving naturally.
So, you have the run down – fertility vitamins, foods to eat, foods to avoid and how to change your life for the better. The more you do, the higher your chances of conceiving. It really does mean you could have it all – career and kids!