Your unique signature style is what makes your dining table especially beautiful and elegant. Paying attention to detail, finding unusual and original ways to present things along with following general rules of dressing up a dinner table are the keys to success.
– Position your dining table to take advantage of windows. It will be a pleasure to open them in summer and you can enjoy the view all year.
– Your tablecloths should be slightly larger than your table. Generally you need an overhang of around 10 in on all sides.
– You can use cotton or linen instead of tablecloths as most fabrics are wider than an average dining table.
– If you are using patterned tablecloths or patterned fabrics make sure that your china is relatively plain.
– Ensure your guests are comfortable and can access everything easily. Have at least two water jugs and multiple condiments. Put salt, pepper and sauces together on a small plate or tray. Having them on a plate makes it easy to pass them along.
Dining Table Décor – Pay Attention to Detail
– Candles will always make your table beautiful and elegant, especially at night. Do not use scented candles, as their fragrance might interfere with food.
– Ornate napkin rings look pretty much like jewelry and are a good way to improve the look of your table. Alternatively you might use a ribbon, securing a flower stem in place as an original decoration.
– Fresh flowers are another way to make your dining table more elegant. Keep them low not higher than 15-20 in. This way you will be able to see your guests and have a conversation comfortably. Avoid flowers with strong fragrance, such as orchids. This type of scents may interfere with your delicious food.
– If you like playing with colors and contrasts, keep in mind that for mismatching to work you should have a good number of things matching. Generally you should have a set of neutral white china or porcelain, which you will use as a base for other colored and/or patterned elements.
– Finally, be attentive to details. Approach decorating your dining table same way you approach decorating any other room in your house. Be creative. Pick accessories carefully. Everything you do should reflect your unique signature style.